Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Thick, Cheesy Potato Soup


It has been raining cats and dogs here and I am so over the cold weather. Whenever it gets like this, I just get the hankering for some good ole' potato soup. I whipped out this recipe in 30 minutes today, making it perfect for the busy days when homework and stress are stacked to the ceiling.

Ingredients
  • 3 potatoes (baked -- I like to put mine in the crock pot, wrapped in tinfoil, for 8 hrs on low)
  • 4 Tb butter
  • 4 Tb flour
  • 1 c. chicken broth
  • 1 quart half&half
  • 1/3 c. sour cream 
  • 1 cup cheese 
Bake the potatoes (mine is in the crockpot) and when done, set aside to cool off while you bake the soup. 
Melt the butter completely. Whisk in the flour until coooked through. Pour in chicken broth, half&half, and sour cream IN THAT ORDER, stirring constantly. If it's too thick, add a little milk. Too thin, add some flour. 
Next, unwrap the potatoes and scoop out the insides. Using a fork or chopper to mash the potatoes in the soup base. Stir in cheese -- lots of cheese. 
Serve with green onions, bacon, and more cheese. 

I am experimenting with food photos so please don't judge me as I figure out editing ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment