Saturday, March 11, 2017

Case Lot and Food Storage (March 13-17)

If you have never shopped the Case Lot sale at Macey's, you are seriously missing out. This time of year is one of my favorites to stalk up on canned foods.

Here's what my storage room looks like:



We don't have a done of space, as you can see, but I try to stock up on essentials a few times a year, just to keep me from having to buy them later. It was something we both felt we could take out of savings for. The other nice part about Case Lot, is that it lasts two weeks. So if you plan carefully, you can really take advantage of some great deals.  I've got canned green beans, corn, black beans, oatmeal, cereal, ramen noodles, soups, and chicken broth. It's definitely good to have staples. Then, after a buy a few extra, I donate them to the Cache Community Food Pantry.

My menu for this week looks like this:

M- Skinny Burrito Bowls
T- Spaghetti
W- OYO (This has turned into just whatever leftovers, sandwiches, ramen we can find)
R-Brazilian Stroganoff - I don't have a solid recipe for this yet. S/O to Roxann
F-Burgers

Groceries: $65 this week, but that's because I bought a few things from Case Lot

cantaloupe
grapes
carrots
lettuce
tomatoes
onions
green onions
turkey steaks
ground beef
black beans
canned tomato sauce
table cream (for the Stroganoff)
shoe string chips
milk
frozen chicken breasts ketchup
pasta
marinara sauce
ramen noodles


Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment