Sunday, March 19, 2017

Brazilian Stroganoff

My friend Roxanne, who btw is AMAZING, introduced me to this yummy traditional Brazilian stroganoff. Her husband, a native to Brazil, says that this recipe is different in every family. Because of it's simplicity, I can see how easy it would be to shake it up according to your family's tastes. For this recipe, I used the version Roxanne taught me but you're welcome to mix in whatever veggies or spices or meats you like:

Ingredients: (Makes 4 servings)

  • 4 partially thawed chicken breasts
  • 2 8 oz. cans of tomato sauce
  • 1 can of table cream (by the Mexican food)
  • 1 TB ketchup
  • 1 TB mustard
  • 2 TB sugar
  • Salt and pepper
  • Rice
  • Potato sticks
Cook the chicken in a little bit of olive oil, S&P-ing the whole time.
 Dump in the tomato sauce, table cream, ketchup, mustard, sugar, and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for about 5-7 minutes. 
Serve over rice with potato sticks. 

So yummy! I think it would be fun to add mushrooms, if Connor would let me ;) 

All the ingredients (minus ketchup and mustard)

Cooking the chicken. I love frozen chicken breasts for things like this. 

It looks like tomato soup/fry sauce

These potato stix are at Walmart by the Pringles and pretzel thins








No comments:

Post a Comment