Friday, June 23, 2017

Depression And Rodeos



Let me tell you a story, and TBH, this story is more of a rant for me to write though my thoughts. So if you want to keep reading, don't say I didn't warn you.



Once upon a time I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety, the WORST possible combination in my mind. Then come to find out the "addiction" I joked about to food, was legit an addiction. In the last 3 weeks I've gained 14 lbs and man does it suck.

I know people try to help by saying, "But what have you eaten?" and "Just eat less..." but that's hard for me. It's hard because when depression comes or anxiety kicks in, I need something stable, something that can make me happy. And unfortunately, my brain has been trained  and conditioned to turn to food during hard times.

Take tonight for instance. I was feeling terrible about myself, my body, my weight, me in general. Depression wears you out and makes you very anti-social. I used to think it was because I was lazy. Nope, just depression.

Yay.

Anyway, one of my younger sisters was riding in a rodeo in Hyrum so I decided to go but halfway there I felt sick. I wasn't comfortable in my jeans (done up with a hair tie) nor did I feel like I had  the mental energy to be around people.

But I went anyway.

While there I was tempted to buy nachos, eat the snacks my parents had, and get a Diet Coke. I caved a few times, and instantly wanted to throw up because of the guilt I felt. My parents made some comments, and I took them hard. Harder than I should have..I know.

I hated being around people. Hated how I felt, how I looked. I wanted to leave and come home. But I stuck it out and learned a valuable lesson.

Those cowboys and cowgirls got bucked off, stepped on, miss the calf, break the barrier, and in an instant, their hopes of winning are dashed. But do they hang up their hats and sell their horses because of set backs? You bet they don't. They go home and train.

Train their horse. Train themselves. Practice. And when another rodeo comes and they lose again, they get right back in the saddle.

I don't know which great cowboy said, "It doesn't matter how many times you fall off, what counts is how many times you get back on." But it inspired me.

Gaining weight sucks. Depression sucks. Mental illness sucks.

I won't sugar coat it.

But I'm not letting this fall into the dusty arena of life get the better of me. I might take a few days to dust off and get my hat back on, but I will, figuratively, ride again.

15 comments:

  1. very nice post thanks for sharing with us
    read fb dp for girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the absolutely very first time I see right here. I placed many satisfying things on your blog site, especially its conversation.
    If while using your system any virus problem occurs like hacking then easily contact McAfee activates to install a perfect antivirus into the system visit our website mcafee.com/activate to know everything in detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Man. Superb website on Blogger. You can also check Status for lovers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice article keep it up good work.I read your article your work is awesome.life status hindi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Send free greeting cards, wishes, ecards, funny animated cards, birthday wishes, Gifs and online greeting cards with quotes, messages, images on all occasions and holidays such as Birthday, Anniversary, Love, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Season s Greetings and much more Greetings Mag

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey, i like your article specially your writing style keep it up i read your your all work.Entire post really Awesome! Thank you for all the hard work you put into it. It's really shows.english status about life || Thank you for all the hard work you put into it. It's really shows. i read you all post i love to read your post and you work well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. fullAssignment is the best resource for students across the globe. fullAssignment provides the best service in the whole world. If you have any queries related to law assignment topics you can take assistance from the best law assignment help.fullAssignment is the best resource for students across the globe. fullAssignment provides the best service in the whole world. If you have any queries related to law assignment topics you can take assistance from the best law assignment help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why is my printer offline issue_dell printer setup issue

    Check the printer port for error
    If the problem is probably related to the port configuration.
    If your Dell printer is on a network, which has an IP address the most likely cause for the offline status is that the printer's IP address has changed, but the port configuration still refers to the old IP address.
    Print a network configuration page to first obtain the printer's IP address. On the printer's menu navigate to system setup and then to reports. Now select configuration and press OK. Press OK again to print the configuration page. Once you have the IP address go to Control Panel and then to Devices and Printers. Right-click on the printer and select printers properties. In the printer properties window select the port tab.
    This will show you the selected printer's port, now press the configure port.
    ● The next window will show you the printer's IP address which the windows think it has.
    ● If the IP address differs from the one you obtain through the network configuration page update the IP address.
    ● If you see an error message you have to add a new TCP/IP port.
    ● Once again open the printer properties windows as mentioned above.
    ● Press the port tab and then click on add port.
    ● In the next window choose the Standard TCP/IP port option and click on the new port.
    ● Once in the Standard TCP/IP port wizard, click on Next.
    ● Enter the printer's IP address you have obtained from the network configuration page and click on Next.


    Visit Us: https://morioh.com/p/e3959eeaf482

    Contact Us: +1-970-794-0109

    Dell Printer Setup, Dell Printer Setup Issue, Dell Printer offline, Dell Printer offline issue, Dell.com/support

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I carry the life of a man in this small space between my fingertips and the smooth edge, and these taut feet constricted to a crystal ledge. click here

    ReplyDelete
  11. For what reason is my printer Offline?

    What does it mean here when a printer seems Offline?
    Basically, when a printer seems Offline, your PC is saying it can't be associated with, and that implies it can't be printed from. To make prints, a printer and PC need to have an association, and when this can't be found, printing can't go for it. There are a few reasons this might be the situation, which we will address underneath.
    All in all, what does printer offline mean, and how might you approach investigating to track down an answer? There are a few distinct justifications for why you might be getting a printer Offline message and a few unique arrangements that could assist with fixing the issue and return you once again to printing. At times the link has become ousted, or the gadget simply should be uninstalled and reinstalled onto your PC.


    Visit Us: https://medium.com/@martin.cashplum/for-what-reason-is-my-printer-offline-a705c216b7c5

    Contact Us: +1-970-794-0109

    printer offline, printer offline fix, hp printer offline, hp printer offline fix, epson printer offline, epson printer offline fix

    ReplyDelete
  12. Check Out Crush Captions For Instagram For Your Crush

    ReplyDelete