Friday, January 13, 2017

Tampons and Take Out

I love my dear husband. Sometimes we drive each other crazy, but isn't that just marriage? At the end of the day, nothing relaxes me more than snuggling up next to him and watching a movie or talking about our day. We love each other.

I also hate being on my period. Emotional Alisha comes out and literally everything seems to be 10x harder. My cramps make it hard to focus on work or school. Connor's life becomes quite hellish.

Tonight, I got home from work, washed some dishes and started feeling sick. Like I might be getting the flu or my insides might be cutting me open. I don't really know. Either way, I felt terrible. Connor was late at work, so I put on my pajamas and crawled into bed. Around 6:45 I realized how hungry I was but how much I didn't want to cook. Jokingly I texted Connor

IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE, YOU MIGHT AS WELL  BRING ME TAMPONS AND DINNER.

I didn't think he'd actually do it.

But at 9:30 he comes home, box of tampons and Chinese take-out.

Ladies, he knew exactly what tampons I preferred, which specific brand and even the which variety pack. Isn't he the best?

Next, he knew I was on a diet so instead of getting me the rice and egg rolls, he got me orange chicken because he knew I could eat meat (not the best choice but I still appreciated his effort). I cried when I realized how thoughtful he had been.

We do not have a perfect marriage by any means. Both of us struggle with human problems and imperfections. Sometimes I worry too much and drive him crazy. He's late a lot. But we still love each other.

Service, I believe, is what glues families together. And you can't really serve another person without knowing their needs. Get to know your spouse, understand what flavor at Swigg they like. This week's challenge is to go serve your spouse in a way that you don't normally do. Laundry and dishes and cleaning, doesn't count. You'll think of something.

#2017DateYourSpouse

No comments:

Post a Comment