Friday, December 9, 2016

Break Down/Tour of Our Apartment

Once upon a time I HATED college. Not really, I love school. But on this particular night I'd had it with picky professors and stupid papers that didn't amount to any of my worth at the end of the day.

I got home from work and ripped apart my house. Growing up, I rearranged my room probably every other month. I can't handle things being the same way for too long. My sister told me she was surprised that I had lasted this long in our house. But once I got going, I realized I couldn't do it and started crying. In the middle of my torn apart house. (See pictures below)

Normally the TV is on my bookshelf and the couch is the facing the other way

All our stuff was everywhere and the desk sat in the middle of the room

Check out our poor table

After calming myself down, I went to D.I. where I wandered around for a good 20 minutes wanting to buy something, but finding nothing to help my retail therapy. I ended up getting a corn dog from Article Circle and BAWLING in the Lee's parking lot as "O Holy Night" came through my radio. I went home, made homemade fried chicken, got in the bathtub,and watched The Lizzie McGuire Movie. Connor got home from work at 1 am so I never talked to him about the disaster.

The next day I saw this blue sticky note on our mirror:
I love what you've done with the place ;) -Love you <3 

I didn't have time to clean it up so I rushed to work. I came home to this: 




My husband had put everything back AND made it look good. He'd rearranged just enough to make it look nice, without making it feel cramped. 

I know I brag about my husband a lot, but isn't he just the greatest thing? 

And now you have an understanding of how much I am looking forward to this break. Thank you school for driving me to this amount of insanity. 

We are ready for Christmas! 

Now you get a cute little tour of our tiny 800 sq. ft. house. 

Love, Alisha 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment