Thursday, April 6, 2017

Why Watching TV is Good for Our Marriage

Every marriage is different. That's what I'm learning more and more. I know, it seems like a "duh" thing but it was a major realization for me.

Connor works late...a lot, which has really started to wear on our emotional relationship. I don't understand how women who's husbands are gone for nights on end do it. They are much stronger than me and I applaud them for their strength.

But that doesn't make it easier for me to be alone all the time - wondering if he's ok, getting bored with homework.

I've realized how important it is to spend time together, doing something.

When my parents were first married, they had horses and went horseback riding every night.  They were lucky to have that kind of a hobby to do together.

 We don't have that kind of hobby together that makes it easy to just go. Sure we love camping and having fires and going four-wheeling, but those activities take a little bit more planning than spur-of-the-moment doing.

So what do we do to spend time?

Before I say this, let me preface it with this: "We love doing this activity together and it draws us closer so no judging."

We watch TV.

I know - we sound like lazy college students, but please hear me out.

When we sit down and watch TV, we are cuddling, which is my major love language, and spending time, which is his love languages, our needs are being met. We love watching Lost, The Office, Friends, Designated Survivor, and Chuck. Why does this mean so much to us? I don't know. Maybe because we bond over discussing plot, feeling emotions together, and getting to know the characters.

Some weeks we are crazy busy with homework, work, church activities, and other things that just come as life does. We always try and make sure that we spend one night together, even if it's just watching a TV show together.

How do you spend time together?


No comments:

Post a Comment