Sunday, April 9, 2017

Salsa Verde Chicken Pasta

Oh. My. Gosh. This pasta from Kevin and Amanda is SO good. It's easy, fast, and doesn't take many ingredients. It has become one of our go-to dinners. 

Ingredients: 

  • 3-4 chicken breasts, cut into small pieces (If you are trying to save money, you can exclude this)
  • 2 TB olive oil 
  • 2 c. chicken broth
  • 1 pint heavy whipping cream 
  • 2 cups of penne pasta
  • S&P to taste
  • 2 c. pepper jack cheese 

  1. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces (about 1-inch cubes). Season with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is very hot, add the chicken in a single layer. Cook for 5 minutes, until golden brown, flipping once halfway through. Remove to a plate and set aside.
  2. Add the broth, salsa verde, cream, uncooked pasta, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Cover, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
  3. Turn off the heat, then add the chicken and 1 1/2 cup of cheese to the skillet. Stir until smooth and creamy.
  4. Pour into into oven-safe pan. I used a stone-wear 8x8 pan. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and broil in the oven until golden brown and bubbly, about 3 minutes. Serve and enjoy!! :)
Please bear with me as I still am still learning my camera. It was just too tasty of a dinner not to share. 


I know that I have half n half pictured here but I ended up not using it








Just so yummy. I can't help it. *insert heart eye emoji here*

No comments:

Post a Comment