Thursday, November 24, 2016

Puff Pancakes & Sweet Syrup




One of my favorite breakfast foods to make on Sundays is German pancakes, or as I call them, puff pancakes. They are super easy and don't use a lot of ingredients:

Ingredients:
  • 6 eggs
  • 1 c. milk
  • 1 c. flour
  • dash of salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 5 Tbs butter
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. As oven preheats, put the butter in an un-greased 9×13-in. baking dish and place in oven, just until melted.
Place the eggs, milk, flour, salt and vanilla in a blender; cover and process until smooth (or if you're feeling lazy, mix by hand). Pour batter into baking dish.
Bake, for 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden brown and puffy.

This is my favorite new syrup recipe. I wanted something different than maple one Sunday so I invented this: (well I like to think I invented it)

Ingredients: 
  • 3/4 c. butter
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • dash of vanilla 
Melt the butter in a small sauce pan. Don't let it boil, just melt.
Slowly add sweetened milk until thick. Whisk in vanilla.
Simmer until it's the consistency of syrup.

So yummy! And perfect for a Sunday brunch.

When done, sprinkle generously with powdered sugar and syrup.











No comments:

Post a Comment