Sunday, September 11, 2016

The Challenge (Sept. 12-18)

This morning Connor went to his parents' homeward to be there as his dad got released from his calling as bishop. I'm in the Primary presidency in our ward so I stayed behind to help with the preparation for the program. I let myself be lazy but I'll be honest, I was completely bored without Connor there to talk to.


"Just go meal plan," I told myself, "That always makes you happy." And it does! I absolutely love the challenge of finding good, healthy food on a student budget. Sometimes it's difficult, espeically if the grocery store sales aren't that helpful. But I like to challenge myself to buy as little as possible and still have great food. I think I'm doing great so far!

Here's this week's menu:

M- It's my Mom's birthday! We'll be with family that day
T- Elote and rice and beans. Totally Mexican but we love Cafe Sabor's rice and beans.
W-Beef Stroganoff
R-BLT's
F-Pancakes
S-BBQ Chicken and pineapple kabobs (Really excited for this one!)
S-Creamed peas and potatoes//steaks//rolls

I plan to get the food for Sunday on Saturday night to make sure it's the most fresh steak I can get. So my grocery list is:

corn
lettuce
tomatoes
pineapple
mushrooms
potatoes
beef broth
bread
macaroni noodles
bacon
chicken breasts
shredded cheese
milk
lean cuisine

I like looking at my list and seeing all the fruits and veggies. Macey's is having their "Fill-it-Fresh" bags again this week. It's my favorite special they run because of all the produce I get for only $10. I love cramming it in to see how much I can get. I got all this once in one go:


I'm excited to see how this week goes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment