Sunday, September 25, 2016

Cheap Groceries = Big Blessing

I realized this week an amazing blessing of tithing = inexpensive food. Every time I go to the store and they tell me my total, I'm shocked. The Lord truly does bless those who keep the commandments. It's also been fun with this blog to make sure my recipes and meal plans are college-budget friendly.

Here's what this week is:

M-Taco truck tacos...it's the last weekend our favorite taco truck will be in town so we had to celebrate $1 tacos.
T-Chicken fettuccine
W-Teriyaki pork and rice
R-baked potatoes (My parents got us 50 lb. bags of russet and red potatoes so we'll be eating them a lot).
F/Sat/Sun- We are staying at my parents house for General Conference and to celebrate my sister Whitney being home. Thank heavens for generous family.

Groceries: $35 total

Doritos/corn chips
shredded cheese
match stick carrots
chicken breasts
milk
pork chops
sandwich cheese
bananas
green beans
bowtie pasta
canned biscuits (for biscuits and gravy and donuts)
Oreos
Orange juice

Can't wait for conference snacks and family time.

No comments:

Post a Comment