Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Frugality (Is that a Word?) Sept. 5-11

This is one of those weeks all about "what can we make without spending money." When I sat down to plan I tried to think of things in my kitchen I could use up. Here's what we came up with:

Monday-Labor Day
Tuesday- Homemade Mac'n'cheese
Wednesday- Grilled cheese and tomato soup (Fall anyone??)
Thursday- Baked Potato bar
Friday-Panda Express and Movie -Date night!
Saturday-Golf tournament burgers
Sunday-Reeds

I have been craving Chinese so to compensate we'll eat cheap-ly for the rest of the week and have a date night Friday night!

Groceries:
Apples
Watermelon
Strawberries
Frozen burritos-a staple for Connor
Granola cereal
Tomato Juice
Granola bars
Greek yogurt-this is what we use for sour cream. I'll never go back!
Regular yogurt
Eggs

That easy! It's been really fun to try and stick to this under $50/week budget. I hope it's helping you!

No comments:

Post a Comment