Tuesday, August 23, 2016

The Last Week of Summer (August 22-28)

Ever have those days where you just think “Why in the world are we BOTH trying to get an education and work? Who said this was a good idea?” That was me yesterday.
After coming back home from our trip (don’t worry, I’ll share all my Yellowstone hacks later) I got a cold, hard slap of reality. Textbooks, parking passes, student fees, tuition not going through, loans not applying, it all came crashing down after work. I am just grateful Connor is right there to hold my hand and remind me it would all be ok.


Great faith and mighty prayer.


This week is our last week of summer vacation. Who is NOT ready to go back? All in favor say “aye.” We had spent some money in Yellowstone and so I knew I had to be a little frugal in our grocery budget this week. Luckily, my sister in law brought over two grocery bags FULL of produce that would make into excellent meals and snacks. Watermelon, tomatoes, green beans, corn, and blackberries now stuff my shelves. Macey’s also was having some FANTASTIC sales on chicken thighs and drumsticks so of course I took advantage of those.


This is what our week looks like:


M-Hot dog roast
T-Lemon butter shrimp and pasta
W-Honey garlic chicken thighs and rice
R-Oven fried chicken and corn
F-Pancakes (carb loading for my ½ marathon Saturday)
S- Our lovely friends the Cottles (Lexi has a great fashion blog you should check out here) invited us over!
S-Straatmans (my family)


Grocery: $30
Shrimp
Lemon
Chicken Thighs/Drumsticks--BOGO
Angel Hair Pasta
Lean Cuisine
Milk
Eggs
BBQ Lay’s Chips
Tinfoil
Plastic Bags


I’m super excited especially for the lemon butter shrimp. It’s one of our favorites. Here’s to the last week of Netflix binges, campfires, and reading whatever book I want.


No comments:

Post a Comment