Sunday, July 9, 2017

Small Homes, Big Memories

Hey all!

I've been thinking a lot lately about small houses.

Most of us in this stage of life are living out of a one or two bedroom apartment with some ghetto feature or another. My sink is super tiny. I have a friend who has to balance her dresser with books to keep things level. There is always something wrong with the house we are in.

But I don't believe that we should be unhappy in our home.

One of my coworkers recently made an art piece that said the following

"Love grow best in little houses with fewer walls to separate. Where you eat and sleep so close together, you can't help but communicate. And if we had room between us, think of all we'd miss. Love grows best in little houses just like this." 

It came from an old country song called "Little Houses" by Doug Stone. (http://www.metrolyrics.com/little-houses-lyrics-doug-stone.html)

I love what the song embraces. Sometimes it takes living in a small place to really love someone. Sure it gets frustrating having only 800 sq feet when you both grew up in four or five bedroom homes, but think of the memories.

One day, I can't wait to show my kids pictures of our first house.

The joke at our house is one day I'll have a walk-in closet as big as my kitchen is now. (Once you see these pictures you'll realize it's not an unrealistic goal.)

So if you are living in a "tiny house" right now, appreciate it.

Here are some pictures of what our house loos like right now. I could have cleaned it up but I wanted to show what it looks every day.

Our "office"

I love our entertainment center 

Can you notice what is missing? (Answer: There's no counter...)

My teeny, tiny kitchen

The whole main living area. Don't you like my birthday balloons? 





Gotta love the laundry basket eh? 

We both hate decorative pillows so that's why it seems so plain


And there you have it! Our tiny, lovely, home. 

5 comments:

  1. Great piece of article,keep posting more.
    If while using your system any virus problem occurs like hacking then easily contact McAfee activates to install a perfect antivirus into the system visit our website McAfee account login to know everything in detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to follow this link to get the best spy tracking app in your pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really great! I think your kids will happen to see those photos. And, if you want to see what photos do they have on their phones - you can use a parental control app. Check the one that I use myself - it's from https://www,mspy.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fullAssignment is the best resource for students across the globe. fullAssignment provides the best service in the whole world. If you have any queries related to law assignment topics you can take assistance from the best law assignment help.

    ReplyDelete