Monday, May 8, 2017

Crockpot Mexican Chicken

Hey ya'll! It's been awhile since I posted a recipe and since today is Mexican Monday, I thought I'd share my favorite chicken for ANY Mexican dish. For tonight we put it on tostadas but I've had it in tacos, burritos, taco salads, and even enchiladas. Big thank to my Mamma for the original.

Chicken Tostadas

Ingredients 

  • 2 large chicken breasts
  • 1/2 c. Italian dressing
  • 1  1-oz Ranch dressing seasoning
  • 1 1-oz taco seasoning
  • 1/2 c. water
  • 6-8 cloves of minced or smashed garlic
  • 1 TB dehydrated onion
  • Salt, to taste
  • Juice from one lime
Place all ingredients but salt and lime juice in crock-pot on low for 4 hours (or high for 2). When done, drain most of the liquid and sprinkle in salt and lime juice. Shred and serve. It's that easy folks. We ate it with tostadas, guacamole, lettuce, sour cream, and salsa. Easiest dinner ever. And very low-carb (if you're into that kind of thing). 



No comments:

Post a Comment