Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Fiesta Pasta

I have been so excited to make this! And it turned out so delish. I promise I will work on my food photography.

Now if you're like me, you hate scrolling to the bottom of a blog post past all the commentary so I'm going to give you the recipe up front and then you can decide if you want to see how I cook.

Ingredients


  • 2 Tb Olive Oil
  • Taco OR fajita seasoning
  • 1 diced onion
  • 2 diced bell peppers
  • 3 cloves minced garlic
  • 2 c. chicken broth
  • 1/2 c. cream
  • 1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies
  • Penne pasta (about 10z oz)
  • 1/2 c. favorite cheese


Grilled veggies in olive oil with 3/4 of the pack of taco seasoning. Saute until soft. Add garlic and stir until you can smell the aroma. Remove from heat.
In skillet add broth, cream, can diced tomatoes, and pasta. Stir all together. Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat, and let simmer until the pasta is cooked and the liquid is mostly gone.
Add veggies back into skillet until heated. Sprinkle with cheese.
 Served with garlic bread, or veggies, with some cheese on the side for garnish.

OPTIONAL: Saute sliced chicken breasts to mix in.

And that's it! Took about 40 minutes between slicing everything and waiting for the pasta. Serves 4-6 people. It was good.

PHOTOS BELOW: Don't mind the iPhone quality. My kitchen has horrific lighting.


Slicing the peppers and the onions is what took the longest. Plus I don't have the best knife so my cuts weren't as even as I like them to be.  

I hate cutting onions because I am so sensitive to them so I wear goggles to prevent my eyes from burning. So what if I look silly, at least I'm not blind the rest of the evening. 


 Just grilling some veggies! I love the color they turn when they are sauteed up. I put a little too much of the taco seasoning packet in them so I'd just watch for that next time I make this dish.

Adding the broth, pasta, can of tomatoes and cream. I wish I could post smells! 

About now is when I started the water for the corn. Corn is super easy for me. Pot of water. Ears of corn. Bring to boil. Reduce and eat. So simple!

Adding the veggies to the pasta. 

Serve with cheese and voila! Fiesta pasta. 

No comments:

Post a Comment