Sunday, September 25, 2016

College Student Biscuits and Gravy

Biscuits and gravy are one of my favorite breakfast foods. Growing up my mom would make homemade gravy and biscuits that were baked in heaven. When I got married, I realized that I couldn't make biscuits like her. I didn't have time, for one thing, and I just didn't have the skill set to do so. But yesterday I started craving it so I decided to figure out a cheap easy way to make this home kitchen favorite. And it was delicious! Here's what I came up with:


Ingredients: 

  • 1 package country gravy
  • 1/4 package of ground turkey sausage (cheaper and healthier! Connor couldn't even tell a difference)
  • 1/2 c. milk
  • 1/2 c. water
  • 1 can jumbo buttery biscuits
  • Eggs (for scrambled eggs on the side)

Preheat oven to 375 and cook biscuits according to package.
Start cooking the turkey sausage in a skillet. I noticed it doesn't crumble super easy at first but once it was browned the became easier to separate.
Begin making the gravy by combining the milk, water, and country gravy mix. Whisk together until boiling and then let simmer.
After the sausage is cooked, add to gravy and let warm up.
(Optional) Make scrambled eggs for fun
Biscuits take 11-15 minutes so by this point they should be done.
Serve with favorite juice, eggs, and/or fruit!
So easy and so delicious! The best part? The whole thing cost less then $6. This would make a yummy dinner as well as the perfect Sunday breakfast. 

Super yummy biscuits, from a tube! My mom would die if she found out but I have no problem with it. I'm all about that college life. 

Whisk the gravy to avoid lumps. 

(Bad picture, sorry) This is where I started getting nervous about the sausage

But it turned out ok in the end. 


Sausage in the gravy to warm up. Nice and thick, creamy country deliciousness. 

I burnt them a little. Took 10 minutes in my hot, hot oven. 

Our kitchen table ready for breakfast. 

Yummy yummy! 







No comments:

Post a Comment