Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Topic: Management Platforms and Tools

I am so excited to be writing about this topic! It has made my life as a social media manager so much easier. At the beginning of the week, I can sit down schedule all my posts in one fell swoop and then focus the rest of the week on other items.

Agora Pulse gives good reasons to schedule posts:

  • Get more posts out at a more frequent and consistent time
  • Word ahead of time
  • Helps stay ahead of local time if you have global customer
I would also like to add my own to the list:
  • One less thing to worry about if all he!! breaks loose at the end of week (trust me, last minute meetings always happen)
  • You can change the post if needs be, but it allows you to have some form of structure to your posts. 
Scheduling posts really helps me to stay organized! These are my favorite tools:

  1. Facebook scheduling: This is the back-end way that FB allows you to post on timelines at specific times. They let you formulate your posts so you can see exactly how it will look on Facebook. It also lets you boost so you can always have your budget figured out for the week. 
  2. Sprout Social: This platform is what I mainly use to schedule my tweets. I am the worst at trying to remember to post on Twitter so it helps me to get that project done. Sprout allows you to make a queue (pronounces "Q"). A queue, by definition is "a line of messages waiting to be sent." What this platform does for you is post at a regular time every day so that you ensure that things go out the way you need. It also allows you to schedule tweets at specific times, if you know something will be happening. I use it to make sure my hospitals show support to the high school sports teams they sponsor. Those tweets get a lot of engagement, so I'm grateful for my ability to tweet. 
  3. Gramblr: My new favorite scheduling tool - it schedules your Instagram posts! The only downside is you must keep your computer on and the internet open for the posts to go. Since I work 8-5, I'm always on the internet. I wish more people knew about this tool. When you are ready to use this tool, here's a great step-by-step guide to how to use it.  
And there you  have it! Here's just my thoughts of social media management platforms and tools. 

1 comment:

  1. If I ever become a social media manager I know who I am coming to for all the tips and tricks! Thank you for sharing your insights!

    ReplyDelete