Saturday, February 11, 2017

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

We are on a water restriction here in Cache Valley. Too much rain, too much snow melting has caused flooding all over the Valley and has backed up the sewer line. So I apologize my dishes aren't done.

But these chocolate chip muffin are probably the thing I've made the most since being married. As Connor put it one morning, "These are what our kids and grand-kids remember about you. They are your legacy." I wish I could take credit for the recipe, but the original comes from How to be Lovely.

I love them for their moistness (is that a word?) rich flavor, and chocolate-y goodness. They definitely aren't healthy but who cares.



Back in August I baked this recipe and received a blue ribbon! If that doesn't tell you how tasty they are, I don't know what will.

Ingredients:

  • 4 overripe bananas
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 1/2-3/4 c. sugar (depending on how sweet you want) 
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp baking SODA (I've made that mistake before)
  • 1 1/2 c. flour
  • pinch of salt  
  • 1 cup chocolate chips (Connor would argue more) 
Preheat oven to 350. 
Mush the bananas and butter in a bowl until well mixed. 
Add the egg, sugar, and vanilla. Stir until somewhat smooth. (TBH, the banana chunks are the best part)
Add the baking soda and salt
Add the flour 1/2 at a time.
Stir in the chocolate chips.   

Bake for 13-15 minutes and take out when almost done. They finish cooking on their own and it helps to save the moistness 

Serve with milk, hot chocolate, or hashbrowns and juice. Whatever you fancy. 


Mushed bananas and butter 


Adding the egg, vanilla, sugar


Yummy!


Add the flour


Dump all in the chocolate chips 


Scoop them in muffin tins 






Poor poor dishes. 














2 comments:

  1. I know that these useful advices will help you to get perfect writing guide. It's important to know

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is both a challenge and an enjoyable adventure to start one’s own business. To do so, you wll need to ask to write my qwn business plan or create it on your own if you have good writing skills.

    ReplyDelete