Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Homemade Hu Hot




I absolutely LOVE Hu Hot. It would be on my lunch menu every day if I had the choice. But the calories I rack up just aren't worth it sometimes. So I found a solution. By combining Mrs. Happy Homemaker's Eggroll Skillet with my own twist, I got a super yummy, and much healthier alternative. 

Ingredients
  • 1 lbs. of ground beef
  • 1 small head of cabbage, shredded
  • 1 cup matchstick carrots 
  • Any other veggies you might like (mushrooms, zucchini etc)
  • 1 can pineapple 
  • 5 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 heaping tsp of fresh grated ginger
  • 3 tablespoons sesame oil
  • 4 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
  • green onions to garnish (optional)
  • La Choy noodles 

Instructions

In a large skillet, cook the meat & onion until the meat is cooked thru and the onion is translucent.

Add the shredded cabbage & carrots & other veggies to the mixture - cook & stir for 5 minutes on medium high heat.

Mix together the garlic, ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce, & rice vinegar. Pour it over the cabbage mixture & stir to combine. Cook another 10 minutes on medium heat, stirring often. Add in the pineapple right before serving

Serve immediately with La Choy noodles. Garnish with green onions if desired.

YUM! Now if only I could figure out how to make their Kahn's Cake...

5 comments:

  1. I recommend you to check https://samedaypaper.org/blog/national-honor-society-essay out if you want to know more about National Honor Society essay writing. It will help you to achieve success

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the tips mentioned in this article! it’s always good to read things you have heard before and are implementing, but from a different perspective, always pick up some extra bits of information. Visit@
    norton.com/setup
    office.com/setup
    office.com/setup
    mcafee.com/activate

    ReplyDelete
  3. delta airlines flight reservations Much obliged for the pleasant blog. It was exceptionally valuable for me. I'm cheerful I discovered this blog. Much obliged to you for imparting to us, I also consistently discover some new information from your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. delta airlines book flight Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. I’m happy I found this blog. Thank you for sharing with us,I too always learn something new from your post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. delta airlines ticket reservations Thankful for the wonderful blog. It was incredibly important for me. I'm bright I found this blog. Thankful to you for granting to us, I likewise reliably find some new data from your post.

    ReplyDelete