Sunday, November 27, 2016

Chicken Fried Steak



With Thanksgiving over, and family headed home, we decided to opt out of family gatherings on Sunday and spend a little one-on-one time together just relaxing. Ok, just kidding. I was furiously writing an essay I have put off for weeks. But you know, cuddling with our space heater and watching Disney movies is always relaxing.

And today, a storm blows in with big giant snowflakes. My husband LOVES the snow because it means snowmobile season. I on the other hand want nothing more than to eat comfort food and read a book.

So, the biggest comfort food I have been craving is chicken fried steak, country gravy, mashed potatoes, good ole' comfort food:

Ingredients

  • 2-3 lbs. of cubed steak
  • 1 c. flour
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp Montreal seasoning
  • S&P to taste
  • 1/3 c. milk
  • 1 egg. 
  • 1/4 c. oil
  • 4 tb. butter
  • Use whatever spices you like, these are just the ones that we have found we like the best. 

Mix together the milk and egg in a shallow. Mix flour and seasonings in another bowl. Keep in mind you'll be dipping the cube steak in them so don't fill them too much.
Dip the steak in the flour, then the milk, then the flour. So the pattern is dry/wet/dry.
Heat the oil and add the butter. Once melted cook both sides of the cube steak until brown and crispy. Make sure the insides are cooked. 
 
Serve with mashed potatoes, country gravy and rolls. (At least that's what we ate it with)
 
What kind of comfort foods do you turn to on cold days? 


All the delicious ingredients! See my cute crockery?

I had to download these from my Instagram story...

Butter AND oil makes for great frying


The finished results! I did learn, however, that my basement is waaaay too cold for Rhode's rolls. Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment